Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thought Control

As I wallowed in self pity today, it became clear to me that I was in serious need of thought control. I was allowing all of the negative thoughts associated with my maladies to infiltrate my brain. And, they were spreading their tentacles to my feet, my hands, my eating, and to my attitude. I was very grumpy today. Everything felt awful to the point that I skipped going to a party that I was looking forward to.

However, it's one thing to know that you have to change your thought, and an entirely other thing to know how and what to do to change thought. At first I tried to just lie still and think good things. That was ok for about five seconds. Then, affirmations came to mind. I wrote out eight affirmations. Things like "I feel healthy" and "I have loads of energy". Then, I typed each one of them twenty times while saying them out loud. My mood definitely changed.

I also made sure that I didn't skip my meditations this evening. I believe that has a lot to do with good thoughts.

Today I appreciate: quiet time, Steve, and my brother.

2 comments: