Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Conversations

Today, I felt great and normal - whatever normal means - that it was easy to forget that I might have anything going on.  I went to work, accomplished a few things around the house, and stopped in to see my parents.  That's when my Aunt called.  When she discovered that I was there, she wanted to talk to me and see how my scan results turned out.  (She is about as far from Facebook as you can imagine.)  A well-meaning soul, she proceeded to talk to me about anyone and everyone that has ever had cancer.  In fact, I swear she made up a few.  It may sound hypocritical, but I just didn't really want to hear it.  I felt so helpless.  After we hung up, that's all I thought about. 

It is so easy to allow your thoughts to veer off-track.  And, as I constantly work on keeping my thoughts on a positve track, I am careful what I find myself listening to.  I purposely don't watch tv and I especially avoid the news.  During the conversation I did find out about a distant cousin of mine (a six year old boy) who has a brain tumor, and has for a long time.  I've never met him, but something is telling me that I should try to meet him.  I'm curious what goes through his mind on a daily basis.  Is he ever able to shut it out?  Or do the adults around him keep reminding him unintentionally?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment