Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 3 after scan results

It is starting out as a nice day.  Saturdays often invoke upbeat feelings for me.  Especially sunny summer ones.  It is three days since I found out the results of my CT scan.  What a roller coaster week!  The cancer isn't gone, but the tumors are less numerous, and they have reduced in size.  So the second horrible five months of chemo that I just went through is working, but apparently I need more horrible months of chemo.  Okay, I know that I should be thankful that it works.  And, it is better than being told that there's nothing more they can do.  BUT - I really didn't want to go through more chemo.  The doctor is reducing my dosage slightly so that I don't have to have three days of infusion per treatment, just two.  And, she is changing the drug so that I won't be sick constantly and I won't have such strong neuropathy.  And, I won't have to have three days of IV fluids after each week of treatment.  So those are all good things.  And, I don't have to start it up again until August. 
   That means in July, I plan to explore alternative methods.  If anyone knows of anything (that isn't painful) please let me know.  I'm already working on Ayurvedic healing and I plan to visit a Reiki master.  We'll see how all of this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment