Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back home

I was welcomed home yesterday by the glorious Pennsylvania heat. You may think I'm being sarcastic, but oh no, I'm completely sincere. I've always been one to get cold easily and to be able to withstand hot summers without air conditioning. But since chemo caused severe anemia, I'm pretty much always cold. I often wear multiple layers even in summer. I wore a lightweight sweater into work today. So I really enjoy days like today.

For Christmas last year, my sister gave me a pair of penguin footie pajamas. I wore them into May. Sometimes with a t-shirt underneath and a sweatshirt over them.

Speaking of sweatshirts, we all wore them last week during our vacation in Maine. It was beautiful weather, just a little chilly at night. My mother had advised me to take my winter coat. I didn't. I should've.

I really am surprised at how good I felt while I was there. The healing and strengthening was fabulous. I developed an appetite finally. And one day I walked over two miles. We didn't have any cell service or Internet service at our cottage which meant that I was forced to completely disconnect. I've never done that before but it was probably just what I needed.

Today I am grateful for: the heat, my office staff, and my own bed.

1 comment:

  1. Now the disconnecting is something we can all learn. I'm glad the pajamas worked. I am a faithful wearer of them. (As she sits in her footie pajamas typing...)

    ReplyDelete