Saturday, July 30, 2011

Newton Determination

I bought my first Mac computer in 1989. And shortly after, I became an avid reader of Mac World. I read all of the reviews and kept informed about new gadgets in the computer field. Around 1993 I learned about a new product that Apple was marketing. The Newton. The first moment I read about it, I knew I would have one. They cost around $800 but that didn't deter me, it only delayed me. They were the first tablet computers and the first PDAs. And that was before a PDA was a computing category.

It was 1998 when I finally got my very own Newton. It was the coolest thing ever. I never thought for a minute that I wouldn't eventually have one. I didn't do any kind of visualization to help in receiving it, but yet I probably thought about having it so often that I never gave up the desire.

And that's what I believe I can do with my health. If I want to be healthy, I can be. If I could stop dwelling on the little setbacks it would be easy. Of course, I'd like it if the setbacks would go away.

Today, I met Sandy at Ritas which was an effort, but the sugar gave me some energy for the rest of the day. I was able to keep it down, which I wasn't able to do with food I ate earlier in the day. I am determined to feel good and to get healthy. By the end of the day, after being able to eat a decent sized dinner I cleaned up the kitchen and finished the laundry. I felt amazing.

By the way I write my blogs from an Apple iPad. Their second tablet computer.

Today I am grateful for Apple, Ritas, and summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment