Tuesday, July 5, 2011

From the hospital

I feel somewhat ridiculous for being here on the 8th floor of Lancaster General. I have a very nice room, and I've had good food all day. I feel fine. It was intense abdominal pain that brought me to the emergency room last night fearing appendicitis. After a myriad of tests, it was determined that the stent I have in my right ureter is blocked and my right kidney is swollen. Thank goodness it wasn't appendicitis. I didn't need anything else to add to my complex medical history.

I was due to have both of my stents removed or replaced this month anyway, and now that surgery will happen tomorrow at 11:00. They will be replaced since I will most likely have chemo again in August. Chemo is very hard on kidneys and ureters, the tubes connecting the kidneys to the bladder. I plan to go home tomorrow although my stay has been very relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jilly-Billy Jytlette--Sounds like an utterly routine piece of plumbing is in order. Enjoy the good food--hospitals actually can serve some decent stuff.
    (Did I spell "Jytlette" the right way?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jytlette is spelled correctly. Kidney blockage and intestine blocking. Why didn't they do more?! I don't know. It just seems that they could have done something. Anything. I swear the doctors knew.

    ReplyDelete