Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Home from the hospital

I had my two stents replaced this morning around 10:30. I've had no pain as a result of the surgery. And I feel a lot better knowing they are now replaced and I don't have to worry about them. I took a long nap to let the anesthesia wear off and then I came home! Yay!

I only got sick once from the anesthesia which is great for me. A kind anesthesiologist gave me an ear patch for nausea and I am impressed by how well it worked.

The only challenge I am left with is pain when going to the bathroom. If any of you female readers have ever had a urinary tract infection, you know what I mean. For everyone else, imagine sitting naked on very sharp glass shards. That about sums it up. I hope pyridium works really fast!

All in all, the experience wasn't bad and was fairly relaxing. I didn't like missing two work days especially in a short week. Back to work tomorrow! Yay again! Another day in the hospital and I would've had to build a database or something!

Anyway, thank you for all of your prayers and concerns. I appreciate it all.

Today I am grateful for: being home, being virtually pain free, and for all of my friends.

1 comment: